MONROE, La. – Drax Biomass, Inc. is participating in the sixth annual National Bioenergy Day by promoting sustainable forestry practices and lending a helping hand at Black Bayou Lake National Wildlife Refuge.
Led by the Biomass Power Association in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service, National Bioenergy Day facilitates interaction between bioenergy projects and their local communities, raising awareness of the economic and environmental benefits of bioenergy.
“We’re happy to provide resources to forest landowners to help them reach their land management goals,” said Richard Peberdy, Drax Biomass vice president of sustainability. “A well-managed forest can produce a significant return on investment for the landowner while also providing recreational, ecological and aesthetic benefits and opportunities.”
In a separate effort, Drax Biomass is partnering with Black Bayou Lake National Wildlife Refuge to provide interpretive signage and tree identification along its Edgewater trail.
“We are thrilled to have Drax Biomass help us with signage and expertise at the refuge,” said Nova Clarke, refuge ranger at Black Bayou Lake. “Many people don’t realize what we have to offer so this investment from Drax will go a long way in helping us promote Black Bayou and educate our visitors on the complex and unique ecosystem native to Louisiana.”
- For a printed copy, please send an email to email@example.com.
- The American Forest Foundation® (AFF) provides a free online toolto help landowners get started on a forest management plan.
- Black Bayou Lake National Wildlife Refuge, located in northern Monroe, offers six maintained trails, a conversation learning center, a photo blind, observation tower and numerous educational programs for children and adults. For more information visit the website, send an email or call (318) 387-1114.
- Drax Biomass has implemented a sustainable approach to doing business. This commitment to sustainability guides every aspect of the company’s operations, from wood sourcing to pellet production to shipment of finished products.
- Drax Biomass is a subsidiary of Drax Group, which is playing a vital role in helping to deliver a better future by changing the way electricity is generated, supplied and used.
About Drax Biomass
Drax Biomass, Inc. is a manufacturer of compressed wood pellets produced from sustainably managed working forests. Headquartered in Monroe, LA, with operations in the Southeastern U.S., the company is committed to supporting the communities in which we operate by promoting sustainable forestry and investing in local economic development.